Thread: uRS6+ Build

Hybrid View

So I think I've got this cooling system ironed out, using the stock URS4/6 expansion tank. The stock URS4/6 radiator is 29" in length and the standard S6/RS6 radiator is 32". A bit too long. I'll be using this guy right here https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bci-35024 from Summit which should fit in rather nicely.

Here's what I have to deal with and how I plan on setting up the cooling system using resources I found online thanks to SteveKen. I'll have to make my own shroud, but there is about 5" between where the radiator sits to the serpentine belt. Plenty of room to work with; after all the name of the game is ease of serviceability.

(I'm a visual person so until I see it layed out, I can't really picture it in my head)

20200103_183146 by Joel Francisco
    Coolant by Joel Francisco
    20200103_193553 by Joel Francisco

Huge respect for you taking this project on. Enjoying your posts and amazed with your progress given the limited resources you have at your disposal.

I had thought, though, that the snail placement you've chosen was just for proof of concept. But, it looks like you are committing to it. I'm sure you considered every possibility - but is that really the only place it can go? Kills any prospect of being a sleeper (not that that is what you are necessarily going for). Although, on the flip-side, it does immediately offer a great statement piece and an interesting view from the cockpit.

I've read about rear installed turbos (a lot of plumbing is required, but a positive is that it eliminates the need for an intercooler due to the ambient cooling that occurs naturally by distance). Wondering if that might have been a possibility for you (turbo installed in spare wheel wheel)?
    Audi RS4 B7, Audi RS6 C5, Audi Allroad 2.7T C5, Audi S4 Cab 4.2L 6MT B6, Audi A6 6MT 2.7T C5, '77 Mercedes 450SEL

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodkiwi View Post
    Huge respect for you taking this project on. Enjoying your posts and amazed with your progress given the limited resources you have at your disposal.

I had thought, though, that the snail placement you've chosen was just for proof of concept. But, it looks like you are committing to it. I'm sure you considered every possibility - but is that really the only place it can go? Kills any prospect of being a sleeper (not that that is what you are necessarily going for). Although, on the flip-side, it does immediately offer a great statement piece and an interesting view from the cockpit.

I've read about rear installed turbos (a lot of plumbing is required, but a positive is that it eliminates the need for an intercooler due to the ambient cooling that occurs naturally by distance). Wondering if that might have been a possibility for you (turbo installed in spare wheel wheel)?
    There's plenty of room in the engine bay.
    This design decision was deliberate, I think.