Thread: Quick clutch survey

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    AMD stage 3+
    SteveKen kit
    ~15k miles
    Tuned stock turbos with small shot of the boost juice (water/meth)

Maybe I've just gotten used to it but I don't have any complaints. No chatter to speak of since break in. On the rare occasion that I've dumped the clutch I get some slippage but I blame that on a weak slave cylinder and a poorly routed braided line that I haven't addressed yet. Once it's rolling, the power is held no problem.

The few people who have driven my car inevitably stall it the first couple attempts. Give it some revs and you'll be fine.

I work from home so I don't really daily drive anything. When I do get out on the weekends I have a mixture of city and spirited back road driving. I could see commuting getting old quick with the 3rd pedal.
    It's weird, but my experience has been different. The chatter has improved slowly over time, but it's still a lot worse than I want to deal with on a daily basis. Do you remember how long it took to break in your clutch? I'm at about 2500 miles right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Do you remember how long it took to break in your clutch? I'm at about 2500 miles right now.
    I don't recall any driveability issues past the initial 1k mile break in.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory