Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
Very cool

i have run that course years ago. Was the front straight open or did they have the switch back in? Wwhat was your top speed on the front and back stretch?

as to power loss, could've been some heat soak or the beginning of your boost leak. The fact that it had more power if you let up with leads me towards the heat soak
We were running with the chicane on the front straight, so that slowed me down, although I really enjoyed learning how to manage the hard-brake then quick-turn-in and quick transition back series. It's one of those sections that feels really good when you put it together smooth and fast. I think I was hitting about 110 on the back stretch, but I honestly was not looking at the speedo much at the end of the straight. Too much focus on the upcoming corner!

I'm pretty sure i've got a boost leak, mainly because of the "whoosh" noise it started making on the way home. I still haven't had a chance to poke around under the car yet, but should get a chance this weekend. Also, Nubcake and I have been running logs over the past few weeks, and my high-rpm boost was reading a bit low. I suspected the intercoolers, since they are original, but it might be a hose or clamp coming loose as well.

Gregg