Not what you think...I've now made my final payment to Steve for the 6spd conversion and I'm getting on that train. I've got a TDI 01E and most of the rest of the parts coming. I still need to get a clutch, Anti-lock Brake module, and AMD software. I probably will either do it late Spring or I'll skip all the way to Fall so I can use the car in the Summer.
Overall I've been pretty happy with the 517 trans compared to OEM but I still feel the slipping you get with an older Autobox. If there was a way to do the newer 6HP box I would definitely do that but I'm no software engineer. The 6HP is such a better shifting gearbox, weights less than the 5HP, and has versions capable of more Tq, than our 5HP version but oh well. I drive a 6sp commuter most days to work so loosing the Autobox won't be a loss. I almost never have real stop & go traffic. The Rear wheel HP increase with the 100lb loss will be favorable. I had a ride in AvusRS6's car a while back and I know he puts a lot of miles on his car so I figured if he was real happy then I would be too.