Quote Originally Posted by SFJ_RS6 View Post
Will you say more about the lift - brand, $$, where you bought it, and how you like it?? I've been wanting a lift for a long time, but unfortunately don't have the overhead for the typical 2- or 4-post type in my residential garage. Yours looks like it could work at my place.
This type of lift is refered to a mid-rise scissor lift... It has a lift height of approx 48", load capacity of 6000lbs, and a collapsed (nested) height of about 5" (so you can drive and park most vehicles over it when not in use.) After looking at different models and price points, I kept an eye out for a deal on the Snap-On model (made by Ammco.) The previous owner purchased it from Snap-On then had it painted blue to match the decor of his garage!... He sold it for around $1000 if I recall---retail was around $2700 at the time.

Mid-rise lifts could be purchased from Harbor Freight for around $1000 (in 2005 anyway), but I did not warm up to the flimsyness or build quality.

After living with the lift "on" the floor for a month, I decided to "flush-mount" it by cutting out the concrete floor and repouring a reinforced submerged foundation. When not in use, it's covered with aluminum diamond plate---great for use as an adjustable height bench and motorcycle lift!

Not sure if Snap-On or Ammco make this specific lift, but I do see'em come up on Ebay occasionly---they hit the scales around 1000lbs so shipping will likely not be free!