Thread: FS: RS6 :: Avus Silver/Ebony Black; 60K miles, SE exhaust, RNS-E w/bluetooth, sirius

Hybrid View

I actually think that values have leveled off finally. I am starting to see a lot of cars stuck in the mid to low twenties. This is a good sign. If you looked at the depreciation curve and extrapolated from a couple years back, this car would be in the teens, just like the E39 M5's. I think it is the CULT status and scarcity that has kept it in the twenties. That being said, this looks like a REALLY nice car, and should have started at about 28K in my opinion. It is easy to go down, not so easy to come up....

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    I actually think that values have leveled off finally. I am starting to see a lot of cars stuck in the mid to low twenties. This is a good sign. If you looked at the depreciation curve and extrapolated from a couple years back, this car would be in the teens, just like the E39 M5's. I think it is the CULT status and scarcity that has kept it in the twenties. That being said, this looks like a REALLY nice car, and should have started at about 28K in my opinion. It is easy to go down, not so easy to come up....

Stephen
    Stephen,

I looked at the other cars in the market and while I could have asked for more, I think the realistic value is set in the mid-20s because I've committed to selling it. Now, remember, this is more of an RS6.com special. I figured that the presence here would know to appreciate the value of the car than the autotrader/cars.com/ebay people who may just be looking to get into an RS6. The latter folks may not know what the heck an RSN-E is or that the Sound Enhancing Exhaust is quite nice to have! The cult status does remain here and hence why I really debated on pulling out the RNS-E and exhaust and asking the same 25.5K. But I wouldn't want an RS6.com owner to be without those items because likely, IMHO, they would likely put those two items on the top of their upgrade list. I could likely have asked the upper 20s with the additional items but I really wanted to have the buyer appreciate the car. Maybe in a week or two, I may place it in other areas since I'm sure I'm not reaching out to every potential RS6 owner but I feel I want to reach out to the correct audience first before going "public". And trust me, if it goes public, it will push higher numbers for sure since I want to keep values in line with other offerings. But for now, let's say, that it's not really the money factor but knowing that I have made someone feel good about owning this car - and sometimes, the price has to justify that. So, I agree, the car is absolutely worth more - hence why I couldn't get myself to sell it once we got the wifey a new SUV. I have my ties in the car industry and I've not driven a vehicle yet which has the charisma that the RS6 possesses. I've had a tough time debating on selling it so PLEASE don't change my mind now.! LOL

And thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

BTW, I also have the RNS-E and an upgraded exhaust (Eisenmann). It seems I agree with your thoughts on mods. Maybe we're Doppelgangers?

Again, GLWS,

CW

What exactly is an RSN-E? Picking up my RS6 Tuesday in California. I'll be the 3rd owner. Currently 51k miles and I paid $27.5k. Looking forward to learning a lot from the posts here on maintenance and upgrades. With only 850-860 in the states I also think you could easily raise the price but as a cars.com shopper I'm upset that I didn't see this sooner. I literally closed the day before your post.

Thanks, TGC