Thread: S6 Avant Project - Ideas

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Want to avoid a major project in terms of fabricating mounts or choppping up the trans tunnel
    This phrase pretty much limits it to either a 2.7T or a 4.2T swap.

However, if you want something unique: go for a 6hp-19 6AT. It should be a direct bolt-on to the 2.7. It's not beefy enough for a 4.2TT, but theoretically should work with appropriately tuned 2.7.
    Mechanically it should be pretty straightforward. Electronics I'm still figuring out, but I don't have a local car to play with. In several months I will.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    This phrase pretty much limits it to either a 2.7T or a 4.2T swap.

However, if you want something unique: go for a 6hp-19 6AT. It should be a direct bolt-on to the 2.7. It's not beefy enough for a 4.2TT, but theoretically should work with appropriately tuned 2.7.
    Mechanically it should be pretty straightforward. Electronics I'm still figuring out, but I don't have a local car to play with. In several months I will.
    Not opposed to the 6AT. I like them in the B6S4's. Would need to confirm F/R diff ratios.
    I'd like to flat tow the car behind a motorcoach. MT would be the easy route.
    Due to time constraints need to keep the project fairly simple for now. Part of it will depeond on what engines/trans surface as I look more.
    I may stick with the S6 milll and look at a S/C if it's time to get serious.

Definitely keep us posted on the electronics.

Thanks for the input!
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com