Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
lswing, I'm trying to see if we can group both into one buy to get our total numbers up. I heard through the Grapevine that a certain individual was charge almost $1000 for his radiator. Maybe because at that time it was a one-off? Like I said above, there Merc & BMW radiators seem to be going in the $400~$600 range?
Eurovintage, I don't think there is going to be any weight savings. Your stock radiator has an Aluminum core but has plastic crimped on side tanks. These will most likely weight slightly more but have more cooling capacity. When you added the separate cooler for the transmission did you pipe it in along the cooling lines to the radiator or did you bypass the radiator's ATF cooling circuit?
Sounds good, thanks for going over all this. Cost is just fine as OEM is now going for around $1,250-1,500. My concern is it seems like the first guy that got one had to weld on his own fittings, as in the radiators are not truly complete, but I may be wrong. I'd be happy to pay $750-1k for a complete radiator ready to plug and play.