Thread: Intercooler blues

Hybrid View

Was Apikol able to give you any support?

As far as I can remember, the Wagner kits seem to be the most complete aftermarket ones out there. The fact that they supply new ducting is a good indication that they thought beyond just making larger/better intercoolers.

I had mine made with bell cores and the stock end tanks and tabs have to be welded on the cores for the stock ducts to be mounted.

I've also worked with some SRM units that I thought were poor quality and didn't match some of the earlier ones advertised/pictured by them, where some fins were inconsistent or missing, the end tanks looked like they were cast in 2 pieces with a parting line and the mounting holes in them were tapped with M7 threads.

Good luck.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Thanks SteveKen

Didn't want to Bash anyone but guys at my shop called Apikol and they were absolutely no help. Seemed very uninterested in offering and tips or pointers. May just return those to Apikol and do the Wagner kit. Were the Bell cores you used the same size as stock or larger. Wish someone just made the stock size core to make it less of a struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by DKP View Post
    Thanks SteveKen

Didn't want to Bash anyone but guys at my shop called Apikol and they were absolutely no help. Seemed very uninterested in offering and tips or pointers. May just return those to Apikol and do the Wagner kit. Were the Bell cores you used the same size as stock or larger. Wish someone just made the stock size core to make it less of a struggle.
    I used Bell P/N A300090100 which are pretty much flush in thickness with the end tanks.

You can actually go the next thicker size and 'stretch' the welds.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Sounds like much has already been covered, for what it's worth I went with Wagner kit a month ago and things are great.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wagner Passenger.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	19356  
    - - Brian - -
    Instagram: @GermanzAutozYaa
    2003 RS6 #905231 | Black/Silver/Wood/SE