Plus one on the facebook sentiment. Facebook makes my skin crawl.

Yes traffic has slowed on the RS6 platform especially since D Hall has gone into semi retirement. Others that popped up that had big plans and lots of excitement have faded away into the either as well. Unfortunately I think we will see more disappear as the prices have tanked for the most part. Although the one on BAT right now had a nice bump to 27K. But thats a super low milage example and put any decent miles on it and it will all be vaporized. I have a theory that I have seen proven over and over again. The first owner of a high end luxury/performance car enjoys the car and of course all maintenance is up to date as it's under warranty. Then comes owner number 2 which is myself and a lot of others on this site. True enthusiasts that understand the nature of the car and continue the maintenance and overall car ie garaged, no winters etc. Then comes the next set of owners who often times buy what they perceive as a major score because they got a sweet deal not realizing that brakes cost 2 grand or that a lot of the repairs start with the phrase "remove engine" and thus begins the slow deterioration of an RS 6 parked outside next to the garage rotting and drying out in the sun. soon it needs brakes, and a suction jet pump,(like mine) and maybe a pair of front axles and pretty soon you have just passed the price you paid for the car. I hade a 1990 Audi V8 that I loved and it never went without proper care and feeding. Put 260,000 miles on it. Got a measly 2000.00 for it and I would bet its sitting dry rotting someplace as we speak. I sure hope not but I'll bet it is. I almost didn't finish the transaction when I found out he didn't have a garage. So as the prices of these cars drop I think the cycle of slow deterioration will continue. Nene is one of the great stewards of the car as an original owner and someone who still lavishes the car with love.

Another thing that doesn't help is parts availability and the associated costs. Maybe I'm to much of a simpleton and not greedy enough but It seems Audi could have some great PR helping the likes of many of us "vintage" Audi's owners stay on the roads. I build houses for a leaving and damn near everything I've ever done for free has come back in the form of way more business and referrals. Audi North America seems more in the what ever the market will bear mind set.

OK those are my thought on a blustery chilly Colorado afternoon.

Long live the RS6 and those who keep them going. A special car for sure.