Now for the fun stuff that I really wanted the whole day to just relax, listen to some tunes, and wrench for the day...balmy 72 degrees and sunny, perfect day to have the garage door open and relax. If anyone wants my tips and tricks that I learned on the turbo rebuilds, just let me know...otherwise I'll let the photos speak for themselves. No surprises here, just time for a standard rebuild using the Mellet cartridges from England.

I had a little shaft play on both of these, but no interference with the blades on the hot or cold side on either turbo. I was leaking oil on the right bank which is why I ended up taking the car off the road in the spring to tackle this entire project. The right bank turbo was pretty grimy on the inside of the hot side and I really had to work to get the oil out that had built up in there, but no real issues otherwise....

Blade damage from when I knocked the cartridge out on the bench since I had new ones...

A little photo trickery...my son gave me the Neon Audi sign for Christmas last year...reflecting on the shiny parts!

All buttoned up and waste gates adjusted, ready for some boost!

Next major project is to get the motor back on the hoist so I can get to the rear main seal plate...hopefully by this coming weekend!