Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Hybrid View

Thanks Joel...good tip! I did remove them completely before lowering the car again, so they're on the bench now. I was pleasantly surprised to find some Raxels installed by a PO...
    We'll see if it rolls into a 6 speed eventually...if so, I'll host you for a week to come down to help! Your projects on various sites are inspirational for sure!

DKP...it is a pretty daunting task, but after years of wrenching on various projects, I figured that I could tackle it, especially with the tips from Total Tecknic!

Got the DP's off tonight, but not easy with the Miltek catless DP's...getting the turbos off is one of my most worrisome of the entire project for me....half way there, but need to get a long reach triple square 14mm to get some of the nuts off of the manifold studs to the turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    I did remove them completely before lowering the car again, so...
    ...you have destroyed your front wheel bearings!
    Don't roll her around too much, or your front wheels might fall off.
    It's a good idea to order new bearings now, they're not too expensive.

Outer axles "pinch" the hub together, so to say. Don't put the car on its wheels without axles being torqued to the hubs. Think that's what Joel tried to say.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    ...you have destroyed your front wheel bearings!
    Don't roll her around too much, or your front wheels might fall off.
    It's a good idea to order new bearings now, they're not too expensive.

Outer axles "pinch" the hub together, so to say. Don't put the car on its wheels without axles being torqued to the hubs. Think that's what Joel tried to say.
    Yup! Easiest way to tell is if you jack the car back up without the axle and try and wiggle it. If there's any play in them at all, replace them! You may have gotten lucky, but if you lowered it and rolled the car chances are they are done.

I made the same mistake haha