Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Hybrid View

A little more progress...collecting some final bits and pieces to get this thing finished up! I went ahead and ordered and just received the Accel yellow coils...I had a mis-matched set and never liked the way that the odd one connected as there was never a positive "click" on the harness. Not sure if they'll help or not over quality stock, but we'll see. At least they'll be matched and I have had good results from Accel products the past. Also got some crush washers for the P/S banjos and new o-rings for the A/C system plus new OEM bolts to tie in the drive shaft. Also coming are some universal male/female pin connectors so I can make a nice little OEM looking harness that can be disconnected for the clutch wire, boost wire to the ClusterModz upgrade, and signal wire for the meth at the ECU in case of any future engine pulls.

Next up which should be in soon...I decided to add meth injection while it's easy to get in there. Final choice after consulting with nubcake was the AEM V3 with a signal input via injector duty cycle. This "should" give a linear spray increase with the injector duty cycle if I understand all correctly and expected to be more precise than the MAP or MAF 0-5v inputs or with an internal MAP sensor tied to a boost line. Now, question is, does anyone have an idea where I need to tie this in for the signal? Can this come from a single injector (since they should all be at the same duty cycle with throttle position and ECU signals), or somewhere off of the main harness that goes into the ECU? Any thoughts?

First thing to do though is to get the car on the road...I can install the system but have it disabled to start. Nubcake said that we can have 2 programs to select on startup, so I'll just get the car running and deal with all of the 6 speed issues and figuring out what I forgot to connect after 18 months apart, then work on the meth tune.

Any knowledgeable input on where to tap for an injector duty cycle signal would be appreciated!

Thanks! ~ Eric

So, I just did some tracing with the extra butchered up harness that I got from Jolio with some other parts which has been a great help.

I found that the main power comes from the black with blue tracer that goes to the large orange harness. Also traced down injector for cylinder 2 (easiest since it was a single color wire) is green and goes to pin 19 on the ECU harness (confirmed with Bentley and matching ohm continuity test). Question is, as before, can I just tap into one of these "signal" wires coming from the ECU to any of the injectors for a duty cycle signal for the meth controller? I'm hoping "yes" as this would actually be pretty easy to deal with, but a confirmation from a knowledgeable source would be great, thanks!

Final edit on this post...looks like I can tie into the signal wire coming from the ECU to an individual injector (not the 12v power lead), and all should be good! Trying to document in case anyone else looks down this path, and as always, educated input is welcomed!
    Last edited by Muggy; August 18th, 2021 at 00:39.