For the stock RS6 turbos, is the casting the same for the hot side on L & R? I believe it is, but just double checking.

I'm getting ready to pull the motor on my RS6 to rebuilt the turbos...I have a smoker on the passenger side and also need to do cam chain shoes, etc. while I'm in there. I picked up a used pair of lower mileage turbos on a gamble, both need new CHRA's which I was planning on doing anyway, but I have 2 f'd studs on one hot side (other is fine). I wanted to rebuild while I have time before pulling the motor, but looks like I'll need to yank mine off first anyway to get a second hot side housing that is hopefully usable.

Thanks for your replies. While I'm at it, what is the best way to set the waste gate tension on these? I was told that the ones on my car (thanks nubcake!), are not in sync...and looking at the ones that I got, neither are they...one had a nice tight tension with about 4-5 turns on the lock nut before free, the other you could spin the flapper as it sat. I feel like mine is probably doing the same thing based on nubcake's comments on my tuning logs and want to be sure to set correctly for the rebuild.

Appreciate your inputs! EricD