Thread: Front Plate Question

Hybrid View

Zip tie the plate the the front grill - at least for a day or two

I saw the comment about the duct blockage... as a prospective RS6 owner (without one in the garage), do any solutions like the options here (https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Sit...plate_bracket/) risk cooling issues? I live in VA, and so risk filling someone's ticket quota for the day if I don't display a front plate.

The RS6 tow hole is behind the passenger intercooler grill, so you'd have to remove the grill or punch a hole through it (don't do that please). In either case, you would be blocking airflow to the intercooler, and that's not a good idea.

Most RS6's should have the front plate adapter already installed. If you happen to find a car that never had it installed, and you really don't want to punch holes, then use the magnetic options described above.

Personally I don't think the RS6 looks too bad with a front plate. The bumper was designed to have a plate (albeit the Euro style), so it doesn't really mess up the front lines too bad.

Got it, thanks!

I just had a sign company scan my plate and make a vinyl decal (shrunk the size down slightly).

I figured what the heck, either I get a ticket for no plate or get some guff for the decal.

At least with the decal I don't put any holes in that bumper

Quote Originally Posted by strlgag View Post
    I just had a sign company scan my plate and make a vinyl decal (shrunk the size down slightly).

I figured what the heck, either I get a ticket for no plate or get some guff for the decal.

At least with the decal I don't put any holes in that bumper
    Brilliant!