Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
Dave,
I have my front license plate held with earth magnets. The hard part was getting them into the bumper, as this one has to come off.
Make sure you account for magnet polarization in the process, otherwise you could have one side attract, and the other expel.

I started with the magnets on the plate holder. That made it easier once the bumper was off, as I used it in front of the bumper to hold the magnets that would go into the inside of the bumper in place, and allowed for no mistakes on polarization. Cover the magnets on the plate holder with some felt pads to ensure it won't cause any scratches while in contact with the bumper.

I hardly ever put it on after all that work, but I also don't drive my beast daily.
Great tips, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
Another thing to consider. I would put some ferrous piece of metal inside the bumper if possible instead of magnets. Then if you run without the front plate you won't have to worry about any small metal debris getting picked up and stuck to your bumper that you would end up having to try to remove. Keep the magnets on the plate or the plate holder.

Also, if you are in need, I have a spare front plate holder you can have for shipping. It's metallic black, though.
Another good point, thanks!
Is the holder you have one of these types?