Thread: 01E Conversion questions

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Auto shield wouldn't bolt up in my experience. I'm sure there is a more elegant solution. Maybe fab up a spacer as you described. I tried heating up and hammering a recess but it pretty much just boiled whatever they cast that part out of.
    Maybe it would be possible to notch it like you did, then rivet a piece of aluminum sheet to the underside of the shield to cover the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    OK, tonight's project is the clutch master cylinder. Service manual says I need to loosen the two bolts holding the brake master cylinder, which allows the pedal bracket to move back enough to fit the rubber grommet for the clutch master behind the bracket.

Those two bolts look to be pretty hard to access, and it looks like the clutch master is really close to fitting without move the pedal bracket. How did you all do this install? Any tricks?
    I didn't touch the brake master cylinder/booster. If I recall correctly the clutch master just slipped in.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Maybe it would be possible to notch it like you did, then rivet a piece of aluminum sheet to the underside of the shield to cover the hole?
    I don't know how much effort you want to put into it. I'm rolling up on 10k miles since the swap without any issues.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory