After reading the post on this swap ... twice, I see the question was asked, but don't think answered … which is … how to cut a grove into the koni replacements.

Last fall I swapped out the DRC for the koni’s. Kept the original springs but replaced all top bushings. I set the rears on the lowest perch and have had zero problems with rubbing on the axle (so far at least).

The end result of the swap (in my case) is that even after driving a couple thousand clicks my front is still sitting a good ½ to ¾ inch higher than the rear (based on gap between tire and fender). Although this makes the car pretty much perfectl,y level I would prefer to have the original rake. So, either I raise the rear to the middle perch or lower the front.

So, would appreciate input regarding: 1) cutting the groove and 2). (for those that have the experience) will cutting the groove ½ to ¾ below the existing groove lower the front end by same. Has anyone experienced any problems by lowering the front by this amount?

Thanks, in advance, to all who take the time to provide input / advice.