Last night on my way home from work I had a front drivers side flat tire. Pulled into a school that was near by and when through the adventure of using the factory jack to take the flat off and fill and use the spare tire!

The factory jack worked well to raise the front enough to remove the front tire but then as I was getting the spare ready to put the spare on it gave way and the whole front end dropped to the ground! Holy crap! Now where I see how this piece of crap jack get's it's nick name.

Luckily I was only 10 min away from my house so I called my wife to bring over my proper jack that is in the garage. I had to use my home jack on the rear of the RS to raise the front up enough to get the jack from my wifes Honda Pilot under the front jack point. The Honda pilot jack is a nice solid piston type deal and it worked well. Put on the spare, pumped it up and made it home. I was worried the spare which hadn't been used before would be brittle or troublesome but it got me home. Are these spares reusable once they've been filled? Can I empty it of all air and then put it back in the spot under the trunk cover?

Has anyone replaced their jack with some better alternate version? I really liked the jack that was with my wifes Honda Pilot. Nice strong sturdy piston type device.

Now I have to go through the fun of contemplating replacing all of my winter tires or just this one. I may just replace this one for now.

Be careful everyone if you have to use the factory car Jack!!