If you followed my build thread, you know I've done EVERYTHING in terms of maintenance. I also did a manual swap and Daz was in the middle of my tune when we lost him. My car is running very strong but I'm only about half way to its full potential. I'm working with another friend of Daz's as we've met and talked a bit when Daz and I met last to exchange some parts.

I've got plenty of fuel once I installed the inline 044, I've installed larger meth/water nozzles and my timing pull is acceptable considering it's 92 here. The larger nozzles definitely helped. All my plugs are new and all the coils are upgrade to the r8 red style. I always notice this during logging, otherwise it's just in the background and no CEL's or weird running. I usually never run all the way to redline during normal driving.

I let the car warm the oil before a log, no misfires during idle or during normal warm-up driving. I did a log, 3rd gear, and got a blinking cel. Came back, checked log and vagcom and I see it's reporting misfires on 5 and 8. I check and clean all the connections and make sure the coils are fully seated. I pulled the R8 coils off of those cylinders and install the old coils and brand new plugs. run vcds on misfire count and see now that cylinders 7 and 8 are misfiring but no blinking cel. Come back, swap 7 and 8 coils to other side of engine to 3 and 4. run again with vcds logging misfires and get no misfires all the way to redline. still watching it, driving very easy on the way back and i see misfire counts of 1 at random on 1, 4, and 8.

I'm not sure what the hell is going on now. I don't know what to look at next.