Thread: New Owner in PA

Threaded View

New Owner in PA

Well, "almost" new owner...

Quick intro, I'm Matt and I currently live in Erie, PA. Moved here from Houston, TX about 6 months ago. Got to experience my first winter in the NE. Let's just say it wasn't fun. I love cars, but the big German bruisers have a special place in my heart. For about 2 years now, I've been looking for a nice C5 RS6 for around the 20-22k mark. Finally, I found the one for me, but it's 2200 miles away!!

Long story short, I wrote them a check and will hopefully get it shipped early next week (fingers crossed). My guess is some of you have seen it, I purchased 904002 from Audi of Oakland. It's Misano red with grey interior and has 75k miles. I'm told it was owned by an AoA exec, but no clue how true that is. I don't like the wood trim, but figure I can pony up for carbon fibre replacements at some point.

Unfortunately, I do not have many pics of the car other than what my sales guy sent me. I know I am taking a big risk buying it sight unseen. My in-law lives out that way and test drove it for me and said everything was good to them, that along with the PPI I decided, what the hell! I plan on driving the car in the summer, then using the wife's CRV for winter duty .

I've been lurking here a while and have been reading up on the trans issues. I just pray mine has been babied and, maybe I can get a few more miles out of her before needing this done... I know she needs the 75k service, so ready to pony up a couple grand up front. For what I paid for the car, I have some $$ in the kity for these types of expenses.

Since I am new to the area, anyone have a good indy mech in the NE they'd recommend. Erie isn't known for having many Euro shops (none at all), so I'm either stuck doing the work, or taking it to the dealer.

Any other words of wisdom are welcome for sure! As soon as it shows up on my door step, I will post more pics! Stay tuned!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0078.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	17194