Christmas in August! this baby just showed up under my tree:

This is the car from New York listed here:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...3-RS6-for-sale

I had it shipped over on an open carrier and everything went smooth!

I have been looking for a while, and this car has an almost perfect (for me) combination of color and options: Red on black, carbon trim and SE exhaust. Also has the warm weather package. First impressions are really good, the car drives amazing! Smooth, powerful, no funny sounds. I now understand why everyone likes a functioning DRC. I took it out into the country and flung it through some twisties and I was very impressed with the balance of control and ride quality. The car always felt stable and planted, and it soaked up bumps with no drama at all. It has the stability of my A4 with PSS9s, but without the harshness. Power is amazing, i've had some fairly powerful cars and this thing is right up there with the best of them! It has a lot more pull than I had road or courage! Most important, it's RED! I LOVE the color! I realize it's not everyone's cup-of-tea, but every time I look at the car, I smile. Then I start it, and smile again! Without getting too philosophical, this car falls squarely into the "life is short, enjoy the ride" category. I've been into cars my whole life, and for the past ten years, my cars have gotten progressively slower, more sane and less fun. The RS6 is going to reverse that trend in a big way!

There are a few issues that i'll need to deal with soon: car is at 73k miles and is due for timing belt service. The front brakes look pretty worn, (rotors are heavily grooved), and tires are probably around 10%. I'm sure there is other stuff I'll find, but I knew there would be some initial costs, so I'm prepared... hopefully

I'll post more pics after she gets a good cleaning, and I'm sure I'll have many questions. Now I need to go back to the garage for a bit...

Gregg