Thread: "New" C5 RS6 Owner

Threaded View

"New" C5 RS6 Owner

Hi All,

I am new to my RS6, that has had some work done on it by MTM, it is a "recent" import from Germany to the middle east. The car has ride height and firmness adjustable suspension (I am not sure on brand, or details. but it feels to setup really firm at the moment, the body roll on the car (considering the weight of the car) is really amazing, and I can read the surface of the road like braille through the seat.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi RS6 Interior.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	15946
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi RS6 2.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	15945

I have started working through the car to make sure all is well, so far I have done:

-CV Boots (2 were cracked, assumed rest would follow suit shortly after)
    -Upper & Lower control Arms (Front & Back) - All associated bushes, joints, etc
    -Tie rod's
    -Discs & pads - OEM (front only, rear were still in good shape)

I am ordering the Timing Belt Kit, with tensioners', water pump, etc As well has a set of new plugs. Once that kit arrives it will go in for a full service. and snooping around for anything else that looks like it could use some love.

I am planning minor service intervals of roughly 3000 miles, as i want to do as much to prevent issues as I can.

Any and all advise, guidance, etc are more than welcome!

This is my second MTM tuned Audi
    I previously had an Audi S6. The 2.2 5 Cylinder variant, that had been loved by MTM and ran alot of RS2 parts as well as JE pistons, water/meth, other tweaks. on 1.8 Bar daily boost. that car was more aggressive than the RS6, and due to the substantially large turbo, the switch to boost was rather harsh. Those AAN engines are tough as nails, just did not die.

Glad to be a member, im sure I will have many questions along the way.

Knowa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi RS6.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	15944