Thread: RS6 Cold Air Intake Options

Hybrid View

The car I am having tested does have stock turbos. I might come to the same conclusion that ttboost has. But I am going to test for myself.

I really have little interest in what a stock turbo RS6 does but this is where I am going to start.

As I am going to be upgrading my turbos to a larger inlet, I will then continue to test on my car.

There are conversations going on lately about much higher HP RS6s and people having more manual transmission allowing for bigger turbos, it would seem prudent to began documenting what is found.

ttboost: I would have appreciated you posting your dyno information when you did your testing. Sorry, this is the internet, without dyno charts your testing means nothing to me.

My next step will be to have the stock airbox put on a flow bench. I can also have the FMU intake tested but I actually more interested in completely building my own from scratch...and by people who build intakes....not from parts found at Lowe's.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    The car I am having tested does have stock turbos. I might come to the same conclusion that ttboost has. But I am going to test for myself.

I really have little interest in what a stock turbo RS6 does but this is where I am going to start.

As I am going to be upgrading my turbos to a larger inlet, I will then continue to test on my car.

There are conversations going on lately about much higher HP RS6s and people having more manual transmission allowing for bigger turbos, it would seem prudent to began documenting what is found.

ttboost: I would have appreciated you posting your dyno information when you did your testing. Sorry, this is the internet, without dyno charts your testing means nothing to me.

My next step will be to have the stock airbox put on a flow bench. I can also have the FMU intake tested but I actually more interested in completely building my own from scratch...and by people who build intakes....not from parts found at Lowe's.
    No worries. Dyno's mean nothing to me, they also can be manipulated. And for the record, I am not trying to piss on your parade. I seem to recall posting something a long time ago...probably during the big "FMU Group Buy", way back when, but I could be wrong. I think that FMU thread is a good example of an intake being touted as the next best thing, but no data and ultimately they are being handed around like $10 whores now. I seem to recall seeing 2 or 3 for sale in the last year or two. I enjoy fabricating as much as the next guy and have fabricated more than one turbo system for a car, myself. Doing your own fabricating is where you learn what works and what doesn't. I'll just try to summarize by saying: with stock turbos, you will not find any appreciable gains in power, with anything other than a stock intake. If you gain 2, 3 maybe 5hp, I would be stunned, and amazed. I don't own my car anymore, and it's not because I didn't like it, I actually loved it, but without significant changes, you are very limited to what you have. That being said, I hope you have better luck than I did!!!