Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
Guess they said one of their mechanics is going to get it.
Makes sense. Goes in line with what I well outlined. Car is NOT $7-10K worth of repairs. It's $2-3K worth of repairs. Yes, that assumes you are of sufficient mechanical skill to perform said repairs yourself. I well stated car is worth salvage price. That being just below 10K. All other fellow members might want to consider what the odds are that ANY of your rides will lose a tranny at any given point over the lifetime of ownership. It has always been described as "when it occurs", not "if it occurs". The other items are incidentals that we have ALL had occur to our rides over the years. They may not be exactly what has failed on your ride, but odds are that something else has failed that is fine on this ride. Point being, an 11yr old car with 140K is going to require work - period. These rides have also proven that vehicles with half that mileage require work - sometimes really expensive work also as a result of the troubled TQ & DRC... Again, 90% less than purchase price is a great deal for anyone wanting to wrench. I have done exactly that with two cars here. It has afforded me the opportunity to enjoy the RS6 year round in different levels of trim and performance. All for the same price as what a number of you have paid for one car. If I lived close enough to any of those members that are afforded the ability to drive in nice weather year round, the only difference you would be able to see on my vehicle parked next to yours are rock chips, cracked windshield, and some increased wear on a couple of interior components. Otherwise it is mechanically sound and will be enjoyed for years/1000's of miles to come.

Surprised so many members would merely chaulk the car up as garbage when there are so few examples made. Suppose that is because yes there are extremely good examples kicking around - albeit for more than double the price.

To the OP, make sure you check out the For Sale section on this forum for other cars that board members are selling. There are at least 3-4 cars on this board for sale currently - again for double what this one was sold for.