Thread: Wheel lug nuts question

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by repda503 View Post
    OEM is 28mm in length. If your ET is lower than 30, increase the length of bolts by the same amount. For example if aftermarket wheels have ET25, order bolts with 33mm in length. +1 on the ball/conical comments.
    I don't think you are correct. The ET will indicate the position of the centre of the wheel rim to the mounting surface. The buyer would only need to purchase longer lugs if they use a spacer to keep the offset of the aftermarket wheel the same as the factory wheel.

We'll need to know the size of the rim (18" given the tires on them), width of the rim and offset of the rim. If the offset will require the use of a spacer then longer lugs are needed. If no spacer is require then factory length lugs should do. In the case of the OP he just wants black lugs to he'll have to buy them from ECS or somewhere similiar. As with what many have also posted, most aftermarket rims use conical bolt seats where the head of the lug meets the wheel so that will have to be factored into the lugs that are purchased.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by bakes; December 18th, 2014 at 19:36. Reason: spelling
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I don't think you are correct. The ET will indicate the position of the centre of the wheel rim to the mounting surface. The buyer would only need to purchase longer lugs if they use a spacer to keep the offset of the aftermarket wheel the same as the factory wheel.
    Ooops! Yeah I was thinking of my own car since I use spacers. You might say I "spaced" out on that little detail.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

So I should basically get the same ones I have on now on OEM wheels from ec tuning but only blank in color and conical seats..?

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    So I should basically get the same ones I have on now on OEM wheels from ec tuning but only blank in color and conical seats..?
    What is the spec of the rim? on the inside you should see ET stamped somewhere aswell as the dimension 18*?? Really need to know the width of the rim and offset to help you best with lug suggestions. We need to figure out if you need spacers. What car where these rims on previously?
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood