Thread: idling issues - mixed up error codes

Threaded View

will do that, it should be an easy one i guess(i hope)....anyway, with the airbox out of the equation fitting the MAF's even with some pretty tight seals shouldn't be a problem...

on the way to work this morning the car felt really alive, i think i've been having issues with my MAF's for quite a while now as today it was like i was driving a different car, true though that it was also the summer here until about 1.5 month ago and it was very f05k14g hot and the car feels anyway as a dead dog during 120F so i didn't push it, but i started to feel there is something wrong with it once the weather cooled down a bit so i couldn't blame the high T outside for the low power...before, the power band was released on 2 bands, before 4k rpm and after, the first part was kind of slower and then after 4k rpm it would unleash the power, you could feel the bump, and that is not the way it should be, now it pulls linear throughout the whole rpm range...

hopefully the only problem was only down to the MAF seals...both MAFs read now the same at idle, 3.64 vs 3.56, so it looks good
    Last edited by mik15; November 27th, 2014 at 05:45.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast