as probably many of you already know, this feature was doable on our cars with some wiring and a new relay, as i found on a thread on audizine, but this is exactly the reason why i didn't do it until now, because i didn't feel like going through all the hassle.

A few days ago when doing my usual routine check up on eBay i came across a listing from a German producer selling this kit as plug&play, now that's my kind of DIY , so for cca. 60Eur with shipping included i got my kit within 4 days and last night i did the installation, which wasn't quite easy due to the very very restricted space where the hazards relay is and behind the RNS-E, but after an hour of work and swearing again at those Audi engineers for being able to stuck so many things in those tiny tiny places, job was done and i have now the ability to pull down/up the stalk and get the blinker to blink 3 times, that's a cool feature that i got used to it from my other cars and makes life a bit easier while bringing the old lady to today's technology, sort of speaking...

As for necessary steps i made this quick resume below, unfortunately i didn't take any pictures as i was all sweating(100F in the parking) and swearing , but i guess most of you have already removed these before.

1. Remove the RNS-E unit or Symphony player
2. Remove the trim around the cup holder and the other buttons on its left side
3. Remove all buttons, cup holder and hazard switch. The buttons on the left side of the hazards switch(PDC, Rear sunshade and ESP), they're all mounted onto a support, so you need to pull that support out by using a thin flat screwdriver to push up two metal tabs located above the buttons on left and right side, the same goes for the cup holder. While pushing up those tabs pull the support towards you , a spare set of hands would be useful or some kind of tool that allows you to simultaneously push both tabs.
4. Remove the hazards light switch, not easy due to its lateral tabs which must be push inward, got my fingers numbed after doing it, what a PITA.
5. Plug in the kit you bought from these guys and relocate the relay that comes with it on the deep right corner behind the RNS-E, there is a gap there on the right side(passenger) where this can be fitted, and then run the wires through the holes above the RNS-E to the hazards switch and plug it in.
6. Mount everything back in reversed order and make sure you get all the buttons and cup holder pushed back and plugged in and only then re-install the trim, i thought i could leave the cup holder for later as i made a small scratch on it and touched it up with some black marker and this morning i couldn't put it back, so now i have to pull the trim back again.

this is the link of the eBay shop where i got my kit from: http://stores.ebay.de/cum-cartec?_trksid=p2047675.l2563