Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
Tim,

Since you're going to all this extent on the high miler if you want to update any wear items while its out...LMK. Randy had exhaust manifolds come apart at 150ish. I have all the bolt on stuff from the 55k engine here. Fuel injectors too.

Its going to take me 10 more years to reach that mileage on either one of mine.
This is the 'low mileage' Daytona unit (125K).... ha Everything appears to be in good order except for the usual rusted out fasteners that shear off and require drilling/tapping to correct. The exhaust clamps were so rusted out, their shank was half the thickness of new...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4738.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	14544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4739.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	14545

I have contemplated keeping the 'high mileage' Mugello beast (235K) around for $hits and giggles simply for reassurance to many an RS6 owner that aside from the obvious tranny/DRC fiascos the car can go the distance with proper maintenance. That coupled with the wierd status of being the owner of the highest mileage beast on NA soil. That aside, I'm in the midst of getting a third beast here in a month or so, and that will likely see me move the Mugello on to some other owner to continue setting history with.