Thread: Serpentine belt replacement help (new member, pics attached)

Threaded View

Serpentine belt replacement help (new member, pics attached)

First I'd like to introduce myself since I'm a new member. I'm located at Columbus Air Force Base, Ms which is pinned between Birmingham, AL and Memphis, TN. There's not much else around. I picked up my RS6 2 weeks ago with 73k on the clock and half of the 75k service done. Attached are a few pics. The interior and exterior are in excellent condition and I received service records from the first owner/service to present and everything looks great.

Problem: Starting today, Battery voltage is surging around 10v when running and the light is on so I had the battery checked and its fine. I'm assuming the alternator so Ill go ahead and replace that using a how to thread on this forum.

My question is.... To anyone that has done this or replaced only the serpentine belt, Is it possible to do this from under the car while removing the alternator?? Or, does it have to be done in the service position when the front end is off, in which case I might have to wait until I do the timing belt, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Cory
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	13961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	13962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635050775629243233.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	13963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635050775636431147.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	13964