Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
Discuss.
I'm all for hybrid Audis, e-tron works for me. What I'm REALLY waiting for is for the DIESEL HYBRIDS to hit our market. The aforementioned Peugeot is a great case in point. Diesel power to one axle and electric power to the other. Want AWD? Push a button. Want strictly 2WD? Push the other button. Convenient to say the least.

From a mechanical standpoint, this does add complexity to our cars. But hell, keep in mind hybrids are NOT a new tech. They've been around in the USA for a hundred years, so have electric vehicles. In fact, petrol was not as popular a hundred years ago, electric drive was the number one. Reliability on these cars has not met the bar of plain old petrol.

In truth, I was not a hybrid fan AT ALL. I didn't see any value whatsoever until actually driving one on a daily basis. Then, I encountered the 2013 ES300h and GS400h. Incredible cars that make the technology seamless. Just fantastic, and in the GS, FAST! If Audi can bring us the e-tron diesel tech, they will have true winners on their hands and I for one am counting the days.

Ben