Thread: RNS-E from Zawa: who else purchased and has installed successfully?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    I have one of the older ones in my 2001 allroad functioning 100%. Bought the new setup from Adam and having trouble getting it to work. I know physicall installation (GPS antenna, harness, etc) is correct as I have done this several times. I tested Adams unit in my allroad using the existing allroad harness and it functions there fine.

Problem is when installed in RS6 the maps dont move at all. My RS6 has factory nav and factory satellite radio. Anyone else beside Tom Sawyer have tihs exact setup? Success?

Thanks.

Eric
    I have the RNS-E unit formerly owned by Tom Sawyer (not yet installed due to the wee bit of chaos with the oil cooler/coolant tube and f@#$ed radiator, oh and moving 1300 miles and new job and leaving family behind).

Doesn't it take up to 6+ hours to let the GPS "settle"???
    Also, don't you have to VAGCOM it to remove the factory $hitbird Nav and replace it with the coding for the RNS-E???

I am hoping at a guy named Mark that lives in Roy, Washington can assist in the installation of my unit...

Also have you checked out nene's site? www.htms.org for install issues/guidance???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I have the RNS-E unit formerly owned by Tom Sawyer (not yet installed due to the wee bit of chaos with the oil cooler/coolant tube and f@#$ed radiator, oh and moving 1300 miles and new job and leaving family behind).
    Kevin and I bought ours at the same time.

Doesn't it take up to 6+ hours to let the GPS "settle"???
    Mine did. At least.

Also, don't you have to VAGCOM it to remove the factory $hitbird Nav and replace it with the coding for the RNS-E???
    Zawa has already done this.

I am hoping at a guy named Mark that lives in Roy, Washington can assist in the installation of my unit...
    Since Kevin has already moved the pin for Bose input, the install should take less than a half an hour if you put the GPS antenna above the glovebox. The GPS antenna location shown on htms.org is probably a better spot and would probably add a half hour to the install due to the need to remove the instrument cluster instaed of the glovebox.

Also have you checked out nene's site? www.htms.org for install issues/guidance???
    Great site - but the latest RNS-E can be a much simpler install.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

When you do get together for the install, let me know and I will bring some beer. I am about to embark on my Bluetooth install. My RS6 is like a superleggera without the glove box right now, so nimble.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    My RS6 is like a superleggera without the glove box right now, so nimble.
    That has probably dropped you into the low 4's for sure.........
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"