My RS6 seems possessed. Some days are great but most end up with a check engine of some sort.

Right now my main problem is stemming from the MAF sensors (I believe). Some days I get great readings out of them and others bank 1 reads 0. To me this indicates a fault in the wiring and the wiring (which has be redone) does look iffy. My plan was to buy some connectors and redo the bank 1 maf sensor but after having it in the shop for my coolant leak, bank 2 is now reading incorrectly in addition to my transmission and ABS reporting an ECU error.

Currently my line of thinking is just replace the whole wiring harness. Reading through threads it appears that these tend to degrade and will cause all sorts of random issues.

Before I pull the trigger on another $3000 repair I wanted to get the opinions of other here. Going to my peer group is no fun since they all just make fun of me for having a car in the shop the whole time.

Does anyone know the part number for the wiring harness?

How hard is it to replace myself? I am thinking of buying a garage to work on the 6 but I am very much in the newbie category when it comes to working on cars.

At least this board is cheaper than therapy.