Thread: LED DRLs on the C5?

LED DRLs on the C5?

just noticed there are headlight kits that have the LED DRL strips that are on late model VWs and Audis. Has anyone here tried one? Pics?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    just noticed there are headlight kits that have the LED DRL strips that are on late model VWs and Audis. Has anyone here tried one? Pics?

Don't do it

Don't make the car what it isn't. Keep away from the Korean Depo wannabe lights.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Don't make the car what it isn't.

I totally agree. This car is beautiful stock. The lines are simple and subtle yet BRUTE! If you begged to be "looked" at, then put that LED on a CIVIC.

I wasn't even considering it; I was just wondering how it looked...guess it's clear why there are no examples!

the C5 RS6 bodywork is seamlessly perfect - not one aero part could possibly be added without ruining the beauty of the car. I will lower the car and add 19" wheels with 275 rubber - 20" wheels are too ghetto for this car.

getting rid of the amber in the headlamps and taillights is also a nice touch. That's really all you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    I wasn't even considering it; I was just wondering how it looked...guess it's clear why there are no examples!

the C5 RS6 bodywork is seamlessly perfect - not one aero part could possibly be added without ruining the beauty of the car. I will lower the car and add 19" wheels with 275 rubber - 20" wheels are too ghetto for this car.

getting rid of the amber in the headlamps and taillights is also a nice touch. That's really all you can do.
    Pit Viper (on here and also on Audizine) has an A6 2.7t Stage 3 with aftermarket headlights with the LEDs on the lower edge of the headlight unit, some like it some don't...
    The only upgrade that I know of is the ones that Nene has on his car (Euro RS6 headlight units) and they are rather pricey at $2200, but then again, OEM is $900 each...

There is a carbon air dam that is WICKED!!! Good luck on finding one as I know of three that are out there, Boosted Bora and Johnnie27 both have them, the other was cracked directly in the middle and he was attempting to sell it... If I can find the link, I will send it to you...

20", if set up correctly, can work but the ride is harsh...

Also, there are some DIY on that other site I mentioned above about how to add a "city light" to the existing headlight housing(IIRC, there is a blank spot there but no opening...)... personally, I wouldn't be drilling into the back of this headlight unit...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Pit Viper (on here and also on Audizine) has an A6 2.7t Stage 3 with aftermarket headlights with the LEDs on the lower edge of the headlight unit, some like it some don't...
    The only upgrade that I know of is the ones that Nene has on his car (Euro RS6 headlight units) and they are rather pricey at $2200, but then again, OEM is $900 each...

There is a carbon air dam that is WICKED!!! Good luck on finding one as I know of three that are out there, Boosted Bora and Johnnie27 both have them, the other was cracked directly in the middle and he was attempting to sell it... If I can find the link, I will send it to you...

20", if set up correctly, can work but the ride is harsh...

Also, there are some DIY on that other site I mentioned above about how to add a "city light" to the existing headlight housing(IIRC, there is a blank spot there but no opening...)... personally, I wouldn't be drilling into the back of this headlight unit...

I'd like to see some pics of what Nene has on his car.....I want the newer LED look on my RS6
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver

The euro headlights for the c5 rs6 are not led's. They are just a slightly different reflector design. I like them a lot, but not worth 2200 IMO.

I think that a led version of our headlights could be pulled off, but just not the current designs available. It has to be more subtle.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

NO NO NO NO NO

... did I mention NO?

I just saw pictures of an RS6 in Korea with those Chinese DRL headlamps...I'll post them up in a bit. It's so wrong I don't even know where to begin...

however, what about these taillights? The price is right, and I am really digging the look. Much depends on how bright the LEDs actually are however, as well as if the resistors are A: exactly matched so the car's computer doesn't throw a bulb-out code, and B: strong enough to not burn out. Having dealt with LEDs extensively on my BMW motorcycle (which has a CANBUS system like a car), matching resistors and then having them not burn out is a massive headache...
    Last edited by kismetcapitan; August 29th, 2011 at 20:12.