I've stumbled across 3 RS6's while driving mine ... once in Stamford, CT, at a stoplight - it was directly next to me, and I got somewhat excited. Same color inside and out, yet the driver was virtually oblivious. (0 for 1)
Next time, I was at a gas station in Huntington, NY, and spotted another Mugello in the parking lot of an adjacent deli. Went inside and inquired as to who owned the "blue Audi." A guy responded with some fear that maybe his car had just been trashed, but when I told him that I was simply looking to meet the owner of a match of my car, he was genuinely enthusiastic. (1 for 2)
Yesterday I'm driving on the LIE eastbound when I see those familiar brushed aluminum mirrors catching up to me. I thought for sure that the driver was going to give a thumbs-up or such, but no - he was just cruising by. I adjusted my pace to match his, and looked over at him (elderly Asian gentleman) a few times .. nada. (1 for 3)
I guess I assume too much when I expect EVERY owner to be as enthusiastic about our cars as our board members.