Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
CW, for the do it yourselfer I think the problem lays in the fact that those of us on this list know better in that we searched the internet and found someone who had already did it and was kind enough to take pictures and list all of the pin #'s. No wiring schematic had to be consulted for me and I did have to remove the glove box (3 bolts) but I don't know why you would remove the lower dash? If your installer had the install notes from the guy on the internet who already did all of this in a RS6 w/pics it would have taken him 1/2 the time as the total install only took me 3 hours (including Bluetooth), A RNS-E install only would take me about 20~30 minutes as it is 99% plug & play. I think there is at least 5 or more list members here that have already done this.
I concur - took me a few hours, and one near heart-attack, but no issues in the end. Albeit I only replaced the head with the RNS-E unit; no bluetooth or Sat radio. Fyi I used the shark fin GPS antenna via the now-discarded On-Star. And I did not remove the lower dash either.