Thread: Inside wear on front tire - DRC? Control Arm? Help?

Threaded View

Inside wear on front tire - DRC? Control Arm? Help?

I think I've found a few of you out there (Benman, DuckWingDuck, etc.) who have been through this same issue (Thread..."Ooooops"), but wanted to check to see if there has been any more definitive fix to address.
    I've attached some pictures of my driver front tire... I took it in to the tire shop today thinking I had a slow leak from a puncture, but when they raised it up... the inside half inch or so of tread was totally ground off. I've never heard a rubbing noise and we couldn't identify anything inside the wheel well that would be a constant rubbing threat... so I go to my favorite rs6.com and see that it's very likely a compromised DRC (or other suspension failure) that is causing the tire (at some point) to rub on the control arm? Just for additional info, the passenger front does not show any rubbing.

So I guess I will take this into my Audi dealer, but I was hoping to provide a little direction to them in terms of what to look for because they have very limited RS6 experience.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-26 10.26.18&.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	10146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-26 10.27.51&.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	10147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-26 10.26.29&.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	10148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-07-26 10.26.40&.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	10149