Thread: My alternator has checked out.

Hybrid View

I heard back from the service writer this afternoon. Zurich is covering the full cost of the repair, with the exception that they will not cover the distilled water mixed with the antifreeze (understandable, but wtf), or the freight for shipping the alternator from Germany. So I have to incur the cost of the shipping of the part? I've never heard of this. In my opinion, this doesn't fall on the shoulders of Zurich, but rather Audi. Do they no longer feel the need to stock parts in the US for the RS6? I work at a body shop, and have a wholesale account for Audi parts, and we've never had to pay freight on a special order part, that is the responsibility of the dealer. Their business is ordering and stocking parts. At any rate, they said they were hoping to have the part by the end of the month.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    In my opinion, this doesn't fall on the shoulders of Zurich, but rather Audi. Do they no longer feel the need to stock parts in the US for the RS6?
    +1- Absolutely crazy some of the basic parts are not in U.S.- I have been running into this issue more frequently and is worrisome as these machines age.
    210K miles rolled