Elevens: I think you're forgetting about the elegant solution of the DRC system itself. As an engineer, I appreciate the idea and the execution. A well-functioning DRC will outperform coilovers for street driving. It is compliant while still keeping the car reasonably level during dynamic events. To get the same anti-dive/squat/lean on a coil system, you have to increase the spring rate to the point where the car is no longer comfortable. Now, I have an Esprit that basically sits on the ground and an S4 that keeps chiropractors in business, but the RS6 is a different beast. For this, I think the DRC is a great solution if you can keep it working correctly. Jason spent 1/5th of what good coilovers would cost, so that's another consideration.

DHall1: We didn't remove the rear control arms, we slightly dropped the subframe. This is by far an easier way to get it done. I would be surprised if the dealer techs are even doing the work by removing the caliper and control arms--no matter what the procedure says. Also, the lower strut mounting point on Jason's car was left untorqued until the car was on the ground, but I don't think that's your point here.