Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post
Anyone here so impressed by the numbers please remember not to judge any car/truck by these numbers alone.
Please take the X5M for a test drive and after you return to dealer with your kidneys bleeding you will have a bit different view of these vehicles.
All four of these trucks call themselves "SUV" but only one of them is really that(Range Rover),while the rest are just tall station wagons ,never designed to tackle any mud or real snow (10" and more).
X5M in particular,looks like it was designed to impress with the performance on paper,everywhere else it is a torture on regular roads (potholes,rail crossings and all) and not able to go off road anywhere.
The real winner here is the new Range Rover,very capable off road,cosseting on normal roads and still providing performance that just a few years ago was attainable only by supercars.

sorry but WHO cares about OFF ROAD ability if you buy a Porsche(!) Cayenne Turbo S or a X5M? This are big safe strong cars perfect for street and designed for street. Not even one of this manufactures say or advertise that their cars are good offroader. They just have advantages against a VW Golf front wheel drive in 5 cm snow street.
If i have to go offroad i will buy a jeep renegade or something whats built do to exactly this.
I just cant read it anymore "oh my god the X5M and turbo s are sooooo bad offroad......and have to towed out from a range rover OMG"<- who cares

Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post
All four of these trucks call themselves "SUV" but only one of them is really that(Range Rover),while the rest are just tall station wagons ,never designed to tackle any mud or real snow (10" and more).
i think u dont know what utility means ?? it doesnt mean MUD SNOW or OFFROAD. it just means big trunk 4 doors big safe heavy much space. i mean i speak german but looks like even i know better what words in english means than most english speaking persons....