As some of you know, I've been street tuning my RS6 for the past 8 months. Along the way I've tried out all kinds of new things and different combinations trying to see which yield the quickest acceleration and most horsepower. After 37 different file revisions, I was finally content with a couple of my latest files, so I decided to run the car last night at Island Dragway to see what she could do. Island Dragway is an NHRA quarter mile dragstrip in Great Meadows, NJ.

My best pass of the night on straight 93 octane pump fuel was 12.0@113. I then added 3 gallons of 104 octane, uploaded my race tune and ran 11.84@116.76 which was then backed up with a 11.86@116.22. I was pretty happy with these numbers to say the least!

My race weight with me in it was 4357lbs. That included my helmet, laptop, misc. tools (just in case), and a few other items. I did, however, remove the small inflatable, donut sized spare and portable air compressor. I believe both of those combine to weigh somewhere around 50lbs.

Here's the link to the timeslips:

RS6 11 Second Timeslips

And here's the link to the video that my friend Mike with the 9 second Evo shot:

RS6 11 Second Video

As far as I know, this is the quickest and fastest RS6 in North America. What's funny about that is my RS6 has only two modifications! It would be really easy for anyone to replicate these mods and go just as fast. Neither of these mods are all that expensive either, so you too can go 11's on a budget. With RS6s selling for as little as $15K to $20K on the net these days, I really think it's the best overall car out there in terms of luxury, performance, value, etc.

The only mods I have are:

Gutted out pre-catalysts
Custom tuned ECM/TCM.

Boost is a solid 11.5 to 12.0psi to redline. A lot of tuners run 1 bar of boost or more, but I found through lots of back to back, A-B A-B testing that the car is actually faster with less boost and more timing. My TCM software makes for quicker, firmer shifts while retaining the factory's DSP (Dynamic Shift Programming).

My RS6 currently has 94K miles on it, the last 8K of which have been HARD miles, including hundreds of WOT runs and it has been 100% reliable (knock on wood). I have not had a single problem with it and the transmission and torque converter are all original and untouched. I see about 2-3 more miles per gallon with my tune than I do with the factory calibration. Last night on the way back from the track I averaged 23.3 MPG on the highway.

If anyone has any questions about my RS6 or about the custom tuning that I offer for the RS6, please feel free to e-mail me at marc@10seconds4.com.

2003 Audi RS6
11.84 @ 116.76 | Video | Timeslip
Mods: No pre-cats & my own custom tuned ECU/TCU. That's it!

2000 Audi S4
10.73 @ 132.76 | Video | Timeslip
Mods: K04s + bolt-ons + weight reduction (bone stock motor!).