Quote Originally Posted by r8ian View Post
On another side point, i Never like to see members banned, especially those who actually buy and have ownership experience of the cars most of us like to talk about but don't have the means to buy. I think what happened on this thread is that stim is obviously a very passionate super car guy and an early insult thrown his way on this thread put him on the defensive. Then it seemed it was him vs the rest. IMO a lot of the stuff he has said on this thread i agree with. Its sad to lose a member who is passionate, knowledgable and willing to share thoughts and experiences because he's a little less PC and more opinionated than others. I love my Scuba Diving and use a diving forum to find out about the latest spots and we always get arguments and spats, but if you let things be, people get to know other people and generally, everyone turns out to be good people who contribute a lot to the forum, which is what we all want. I think this forum has lost someone who may have added a lot to the site. You guys are in charge and you make the calls but just my 2p worth.
I guess he can always start a new user account with a different name and come back pretending to be someone else. Then we don't really lose anything.

Regarding residuals on this supposed R10 the story has been well known for a long time so most of the people who would have bought one, if they've done any research at all, should have taken that into account. Limited production of the car however should keep the effect down. It has that in it's favour.

Plus the balance of the car with the V8 is so good will always have a market: people willing to buy it or woodducks like people buying RS4's because someone told them to. The same effect could be said of a 911 to a 911 turbo I guess, if Audi price the big one far enough away it shouldn't cause huge problems.