Thread: The RS6 is not a "Beast"

Threaded View

The RS6 is not a "Beast"

On Friday, I was given a ride in a NASCAR on the Miller Motorsports Park road course. It was a retired car from last season where it participated in the Western States Cup. However, to my keen eyes, the only thing I could see different (on the car I rode in versus the cars that were racing last weekend) was: #1 Mine had a passenger’s seat and #2 My car had Hoosier tires while the competing cars wore GoodYear’s. We even had all the safety equipment of the racers including Hans devices.
    >>
    Well today I don’t feel quite as cocky for owning an RS6. The RS6 is not a “beast” as many on this site like to call it. It is a well mannered, quiet, high performance, luxury sports sedan. On the other hand, the NASCAR was a MONSTER! It had a bad temper. It was so loud I couldn't hear myself speak. And there was nothing luxury about it.
    >>
    The best word to describe the ride in the race car is “violence”. With that much horsepower and nothing to quiet it in terms of sound or vibration, it was as close as I’ve been to riding in a Top Fuel dragster. Everything shook and vibrated. There was no clutch. It was shifted directly from gear to gear which made the rear tires feel like they were locking up as we braked into corners. (They were turning, only slower than the pavement moving past!) And the car over-steered like the back end was on snow. So while in a corner, the line was controlled more with the throttle than the wheel.
    >>
    My driver had 40 years of racing experience and we were on the track with some of his buddies, so there actually was passing, and (once) his friend bumped us from behind. The bump seemed insignificant however due to the violence of the entire ride. His friend blew a rod, so we were really going at it.
    >>
    It was an experience I won’t soon forget and could never replicate in an RS6.

Last edited by EATRICE; July 16th, 2007 at 22:08. Reason: grammar