audi is upsetting a lot of people with its lack of info on the product and delivery times and allocations of the R8. i understand they cannot inform of us of everything, but when your dealer tells you constantly that they have one or two allocations and that one of them will be here in "the fall", that they have no idea about upcoming option availability, that AOA doesn't "tell us anything"... then well, it gets really frustarting.

their sad excuse for a dedicated customer support line was decent at first, but now is practically non-existent. they provide no support, just jumbled up information and they never call you back as promised.

my last call to the USA R8 support line was last week. the girl talked to me like she was reading from a B-movie script, every question i asked was answered with a "please contact your dealer", and get this.......... with a thumbing through of what it seems was an R8 catalog, like the one i have, since she read off of it while pretending to speak from memory. i could hear the pages being turned. very sad.

after i insisted on her inquiring about the alcantara headliner she told me it came in brilliant red or phantom black. i don't think she had a CLUE. she put me on hold for about 2 minutes and came back and told me that it would cost 2K in the USA. i inquired about the full LED headlights and she told me it had full LED lights. but only in the rear.

W T F

i think AOA just sold itself out to the numbers game. it could care less about the grass roots of its buyership- yes- the ones who feed its belly by buying FWD A4s- and is focusing more on the fact that the R8 is popular and that they'll all be sold so they'll make their money.

you know what audi? the people you piss off now won't be there to bail you out if you go downhill again. and those are the people that put you on top of the hill.