Hello Everyone. This is my first post on this site and I hope to enjoy the forum for years to come. I've already scanned all nine pages of posts on this sub-forum and read about 50. Nevertheless, I still have some questions and would love to have you reply to this message with whatever comments you have.

I'm currently considering an RS6 after wanting (going backward) a BMW 335i, BMW E39 M5, '88 BMW M5, Porsche Boxster S, Factory 5 MkIII, and an Alfa GTV.

I've considered and discarded so many vehicles because of the requirements of my size (I'm 6'8" tall), those of my lifestyle (it will be my daily driver) and those of my wife (who proclaimed that my car must have 4 doors for the kids we were expecting).

So as you can tell, my budget has gone up with each new consideration, which is the reason I still have no car and am still driving my '95 Bronco (the baddest-ass SUV one can own, just ask Ted Nugent).

Other than an RS6, a 2003 E55 is still in the running. I haven't driven either, but know from research that both have the power to weight ratio that I'm looking for. So between them, it may end up being about headroom and comfort. Is there anyone else on this site taller than 6-foot-5 who can share a tall perspective?

Obviously, the RS6 will be better suited to Utah winters, is cooler looking, and is better in the curves than the E55. But I wonder, how reliable is an RS6's Twin Turbo as a daily driver? M-B has a pretty good track record. And can anyone guess how many miles I could expect out of an RS6 drivetrain if well maintained? I am the original owner of my '95 and the engine is still ballsy with 220,000 miles and no rebuild. My intention would be to pay cash for the RS6 and own it for 10+ years like the Bronc'.

I'm putting my budget at $50K certified or $45K for a non-certified car. With a solar sunroof and rear window shades, will a black interior stay cool enough in 100-degree desert heat? or be unbearable? I'm hoping someone from Texas or Arizona will let me know since my guess is that the alternative light interior will not look any good 10 years down the road. Or, were there any other interior options offered? I haven't seen any.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all. Flame me or help me. Let me know if I'm crazy, or on track. Does anyone else drive an RS6 every day? If I were to drive 15K miles per year, what should I expect my maintenance costs to be? How much could an average shadetree mechanic save in labor (doing simple things like oil and brake changes)?

I hope that you'll say that my search for the right car has ended and that by July I will be joining your club of owners. At the same time, if this isn't the right car to have as a long-term daily driver, please let me know.

Thanks so much! :trash: