Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: supercharger

do u guys think that if the RS4 has the supercharge kit on it will it be as fast as porshe turbo??

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    do u guys think that if the RS4 has the supercharge kit on it will it be as fast as porshe turbo??
    Fastest 0-60 for the B7 RS4 was 4.3. Fastest 0-60 for 997 turbo was 3.4(auto). I guess it could be.

according to the little birdies in the trees, vf engineering is coming out with one before years end for the B6/B7 S4 platform. 470ish HP under $10k

Is it all standard RS4 will 0-100 km/h is 4.8 sec?? will running in the car make the result a big differences?

I would like to know if i bought the supercharge kit will it be too aggressive to the engine?? or its ok... and are there any needs to change any parts to adapt it?

anyone can help thx.

anyone can help thx.
    I think there is a man who can help you.Look at this:
    http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=...bd04bb20f62042

I would like to know if i bought the supercharge kit will it be too aggressive to the engine?? or its ok... and are there any needs to change any parts to adapt it?
    Part of the problem with people posting non-descriptive tidbits about the MTM (or any supercharger kit) is that they fail to identify the following:

Boost levels achieved
    Wheel HP achieved
    How did they handle engine management, i.e. ECU upgrades?
    Fuel system issues...how did they up the fuel pressure?

In addition, it is important to remember that the RS4 motor is a completely different animal than the S4 motor.

The static compression ratio is significantly higher (11.0:1 vs. 12.5:1)and the fuel delivery method (direct injection) and as a result, will not be able to withstand the same cylinder pressures (or boost levels) as will a lower compression B7 S4 motor, unless the crank, pistons and rods are significantly stronger than the S4's.

I do not know enough about the differences in those components to comment intelligently there, so perhaps someone else who does could weigh in on this item.

In short, until I see data on what power and boost levels were achieved and what safeties are in place to ensure motor longevity, I'm not seriously considering this mod at any price.

Last but not least, rest assured that this mod WILL void your factory powertrain warranty, at least here in the US, as item item that fails from head gaskets to clutch, axles, etc. could all conceivably be blamed on the added stresses generated by significantly increasing power.

Well MTM is looking on all those areas to come up with a complete kit. MTM has been working for more than 3 years on kompressor kit and has now installed on different car like A8, S4, Q7, Touareg and so on. Car like the Audi A8 MTM K500 has been tested to the limit at Nardo. Hundred of kilometers of german autobahn have been done for more testing. Yes the R8 has specifics about its V8 engine. Once MTM has finished the kompressor kit for the RS4 V8, they will see for the R8.....

Cheers,
    Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Balsen View Post
    Well MTM is looking on all those areas to come up with a complete kit. MTM has been working for more than 3 years on kompressor kit and has now installed on different car like A8, S4, Q7, Touareg and so on. Car like the Audi A8 MTM K500 has been tested to the limit at Nardo. Hundred of kilometers of german autobahn have been done for more testing. Yes the R8 has specifics about its V8 engine. Once MTM has finished the kompressor kit for the RS4 V8, they will see for the R8.....

Cheers,
    Frederic
    The person on the other board who claims to have one says its 580hp and available now, is this true? If so, what else comes with the kit besides software/supercharger?

Quote Originally Posted by boondocksts View Post
    The person on the other board who claims to have one says its 580hp and available now, is this true? If so, what else comes with the kit besides software/supercharger?
    Well, the car is on the dyno at the moment. I hope to provide you more information very soon....

Cheers,
    Frederic

Wow MTM supercharge is 580 bhp way better than SKN 520 bhp. In Hong Kong, there is an new open MTM branch and i called them yesterday asking for the information on the supercharger kit, but they said theres no such thing in MTM product and called me to do some more research . Do you guys think becos they are still testing this kit in other countries and they know about this product on test and will be on sales soon??

Well, the car is on the dyno at the moment. I hope to provide you more information very soon....

Cheers,
    Frederic
    Better to ask the MTM distributor ( Mr Tryfonidis Prodromos) in Greece.He allegates that he has allready 4 kits available!!!!Look at asioutas post please...He knows a lot more than Mr Mayer.

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    Better to ask the MTM distributor ( Mr Tryfonidis Prodromos) in Greece.He allegates that he has allready 4 kits available!!!!Look at asioutas post please...He knows a lot more than Mr Mayer.
    Well I am the MTM Distributor for France ! ! ! !
    And my information came from a direct phone call to MTM Germany yesterday morning....

cheers,
    Frederic

Well I am the MTM Distributor for France ! ! ! !
    And my information came from a direct phone call to MTM Germany yesterday morning....

cheers,
    Frederic
    I do not know you Mr.Balsen but i beleive you completely!I was speaking ironically for Greek distributor.I know Mr Tryfonidis but i DO NOT BELEIVE him........I will show you another time if you want some pics of my previous engine ( MTM reprogrammed) which completely blowed up.....I need some time to find the pictures in a back up cd.

Best Regards from Greece

My god, how was it?? is your car fixed by now?

My god, how was it?? is your car fixed by now?

My car had after this a completely new engine,turbo,exhaust manifold and after 20.000 km a new owner!!I payed for everything......

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post

My car had after this a completely new engine,turbo,exhaust manifold and after 20.000 km a new owner!!I payed for everything......
    I am really sorry for what happen to you and I am very interested to know how the matter what handled, and also which MTM Product was installed on your car. And you can count on me a detailed email will be sent directly to Roland Mayer.....

Feel free to send me Private Message if you prefer to do so.

Cheers,
    Frederic