Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: supercharger

supercharger

Is all quiet on the supercharger homefront?? Are we left with just mtm to suffer the incredulous price tag???

Sad news

I spoke to QST tuning today. Sad news. He reckons the MTM supercharger is going to be £14,500-£15,000 supplied and fitted. Oow. I spoke to them three months ago and he said maybe £12,000ish (the same as the S4 upgrade), I thought that was bad enough. It will put the tourque up over 500nm though and so release all that bottom end power.
    Sad times.
    RS4 B7 - I'm so in love.

Yeah, £12k is a hell of a lot of money, but look at it another way, the RS4 has already be rated as a better car than the M5 in almost all car mags even though it's a bit slower. Now with this bit of kit you have the ability to give your RS4 the power and performance to equal or better it and for the same overall price.

This just makes the king even stronger.:king:
    Search and you will find the truth.

Yes the hp/tq rating may be up to RS4 snuff but let's not forget the drc as well as lambo brakes and dual stage exhaust. Those things added bring the price tag beyond msrp RS4. Oh well, just have to make do with my little old putt putt S4 :0) J/K

cool are there any website or information on where to purchase it?? and how many horse power does it bring up to?? thats so cool.

supercharging

MTM are of course a german company and you can contact them directly. They have run the final tests and are now mass producing the components. If you are in England then contact QSTuning who are the main(or only, i can't remember) MTM distributer/fitter here.
    nice
    RS4 B7 - I'm so in love.

SKN also got a SC kit for the new RS4:

http://www.skn-tuning.de/product.asp...826&TabID=3331

Are those two boulded column of word are the changes that the chip can make?

For MTM, they are still working on the developpement. Engine management done by two ECUs and the FSI are two challenges. It should be ready in next couple of weeks....

Cheers,
    Frederic

woooo, for that chip it cost 12,990 Eur , so expensive

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    woooo, for that chip it cost 12,990 Eur , so expensive
    It`s a supercharger kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Balsen View Post
    For MTM, they are still working on the developpement. Engine management done by two ECUs and the FSI are two challenges. It should be ready in next couple of weeks....
    Thanks Fred for the updated, because I was wondering recently when the MTM supercharged kit will be ready.

do u think that 12,990 Eur for the supercharge kit is cheap or expensive?? i dont know the price range of modifying a kit like that for a car....... And also are there any computer chip or other things to modify??

are there any movie with the supercharge kit on??

Do you think the same supercharger could be easily a part of R8 SC kit?

I mean the engine is the same,isn't it?If there was simply some space for the sc and weeeee..... I believe with sc kit on R8 should outperform gallardo!
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by gnomik007 View Post
    Do you think the same supercharger could be easily a part of R8 SC kit?

I mean the engine is the same,isn't it?If there was simply some space for the sc and weeeee..... I believe with sc kit on R8 should outperform gallardo!
    Good call. The R8 with the SC should be a freak. Simliar power to the Gallardo but lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by m3fan View Post
    Good call. The R8 with the SC should be a freak. Simliar power to the Gallardo but lighter.
    If a supercharger kit ever comes out. Tuning for naturally aspirated audi motors is exceptionally weak. If e46 m3's and the 997 S can have a supercharger I don't get why the RS4 couldn't. MTM's supercharger is way too expensive for what you get, it is ridiculous and not really a solution.

There still isn't a reliable b6 S4 solution so don't get your hopes up for a supercharger.

a SC S4 or RS4 would be faster than all heck. the latter would probably put an M6 to shame. not a bad use of 25K (US) if you want a truly unique car..... i'd consider it if i had the cashola
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10