Originally posted by RXBG
it is very possible. you did not take into account the body panels and the basic structure of the car. further more, the very mechanicals , such as the suspension may be very different structurally ( t is rumored that it will have a double wishbone suspension vs multilink).

if the panels, whether they are dimensionally bigger or smaller than a TT's, are made of aluminum or composites and the suspension is made of a superior alloy the car can INDEED weigh as little as that, despite the larger and heavier engine. remember that there are V6s that can weigh more than v8s.

how does all this compare to a gallardo? well, apart from the R8 being immensely better looking than the ugly gallardo it is said that the car drives unbelievably better, handles just as well, and can be driven everyday...........and is infinitely better looking inside than the gallardo.
Listen guys, I like nothing more than keeping the faith, but until I see in black and white so to speak, I will be a little skeptical, either way the car will be amazing.