Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q7 V12 Tdi

Post Q7 V12 Tdi

Audi is proud to present a world first – the first twelve-cylinder diesel engine in a series passenger car. This six-litre V12 makes its debut in the Audi Q7. It produces a colossal 500 PS and 1,000 Nm of torque. With this engine Audi has opened a new chapter in diesel history.

The V12 TDI is reminiscent of the engine featured in the new R10 Le Mans racing car – it catapults the driving performance of the Audi Q7 into the echelons of top-class sports cars. The car sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.5 seconds, and has an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h. Maximum torque is available from just 1,750 rpm. The high-tech diesel engine, with the world’s first 2,000 bar Bosch Common Rail system, provides the high-performance Audi SUV with superior power reserves in any situation. The impressive sound of the new Audi is provided by the ultra-modern piezo-injection system. The V12 TDI transmits this power through a new six-speed tiptronic gearbox to the quattro permanent four-wheel drive system.

Although the V12 TDI belongs to the Audi V-engine family, this model features a special cylinder angle of 60° – perfect for this engine type. Apart from the light and highly durable crankcase, a further highlight is the new chain drive assembly. This includes the two newly developed high-pressure pumps in the common rail injection system.

Up to 2,000 bar of pressure is kept within the twelve piezo injectors – a further technological breakthrough. Both performance and efficiency are optimised by this high injection pressure, and the running smoothness also remains excellent. Exhaust emissions are also low. The twin-turbo V12 TDI conforms to the Euro 5 emissions class which should come into force in 2010. Fuel consumption is only 11.9 litres per 100 kilometres. With the high-tech twelve-cylinder engine using TDI technology, the diesel pioneers at Audi have opened new horizons in motoring.

500PS, 1000Nm between 1,750 - 3000 rpm, 0-100km/h in 5.5s

See complete Audi press announcement at WCF
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Yes, yes....

That is the way to go !

Bravo AUDI !!!

Did I hear "Vorsprung...?"
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

This is a big suprise! What a move!!!! Now they really got MB and BMW mad...hahaaha Great job Audi!
    Tumbo aka Audiholic
    Movie about my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4yWzwuAdQ

amaizing car :MTM: I love the look this engine set up on the Q7 will just be superbe.

Very very much impressed

Originally posted by Erik
    Did I hear "Vorsprung...?"
    This exatcly that!

I'm so pleasently suprised...

Great news for me...

Next, RS 6 TDI, 650 hp, 7 speed S-tronic.

Go, AUDI ... !!!

I don't have anything against TDI except that it smells bad and that the fun stops at 4000rpm

Of course before 4000rpm you get kicked by 1000nm and this suits the Q7 perfectly but come on not the RS6

Looks fantastic! Their rear exhausts look superb too. I would change the slightly 'bling' wheels, but other than that...perfect!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

With such engine the Q7 finally makes sense.

nice, realy nice ... will trade 3.0 TDI once this is available ....

A great option for diesel lovers. In the article they don't mention the engine's weight, they only mention that it's lighter.

Saludos,

Javier

wonder what the price would be set at .....

So let me get this straight...

Way more HP, more than double the torque ( ), and same fuel economy as the 4.2 FSI?!?!?!?!?

Man, I should cancel the wife's order for the 4.2, and just wait for this!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

BTW, just me, or are those fenders and quarters flared? Looks like 295 tires!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Ben, I thing fuel economy is same as MTM 3.0 TDI chip (282 hp/550 NM trq) ... uh uh

Originally posted by gjg
    Ben, I thing fuel economy is same as MTM 3.0 TDI chip (282 hp/550 NM trq) ... uh uh

Actually, doesn't it say it (V12) does a combined 11.9L/100Km? So wouldn't that be @ 19.7mpg? Your chipped 3.0 will do way better than that! 19mpg is about what a 4.2FSI gets when driven mostly freeway. To get a combined consumption of nearly 20mpg (and well over for freeway) for something that powerfull...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Gentlemen,

You are quite right - now, this engine really has no place in a RS6 but this is truly one of Audi's best moves ever to go their own way to create a high-performance 2.5 tonne SUV (with a little inspiration from the V10 Touareg that is). Very impressive engine - for a diesel that is - and makes conceptually so much more sense in a heavy SUV than the MB, BMW and Porsche range-topping petrol offerings. Actually, this is the first SUV I could theoretically consider buying.

Bravo!

Forgetting about the engine for a moment, it's new front end is possibly the best looking SUV ever. Now why didn't they give it that nose from the beginning.
    Search and you will find the truth.