Thread: Picture request

Picture request

This may seem strange to you, but i'm in need of somebody who owns(or has access to) an RS6 that also has a digital camera, and MSN.

I ask this because i'm creating a 3D RS6(woo!) and the lack of decent reference pictures is quite annoying, i'll post up my progress of the car if anybody is interested.

Anyway, if anybody can do this for me, please add me to MSN ; dominator21304@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

James.

Edit:

Oh and if you help me, i'll be willing to model any modifications, and your car in any colour you wish.
    Last edited by Banshee; August 29th, 2006 at 18:29.

A few years ago I could have helped you even one better... I had created a 3-D scan of the car... Long story maybe later. It was basically millions of points with x,y,z points that made up the car.
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Originally posted by sturs6
    A few years ago I could have helped you even one better... I had created a 3-D scan of the car... Long story maybe later. It was basically millions of points with x,y,z points that made up the car.
    Ah too bad, thanks anyway.

Heres what i've got so far, i'm not the best, and ive only been working on it since last night(overall about 3 hours). It's not 100% accurate, mainly because of the lack of pictures, but I had some insanely good blueprints, so thats cool.

Hi and welcome!

That's the way the RS6 should have been. About 1000 kg aluminium shell and a large engine...

Searched google for image?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by Erik
    Hi and welcome!

That's the way the RS6 should have been. About 1000 kg aluminium shell and a large engine...

Searched google for image?
    Yeah, I got quite a few off there, but theyre mostly dark coloured cars, and at the resolution they are, details are hard to make out.

Just a quick Q, do you guys think the wheels are the right size?

Originally posted by Erik
    Hi and welcome!

LOL!!! No kidding!

Banshee, if no one else takes, I'll take some pics of any angle you want and send them to you. Mine's Daytona Grey but not too dark for modeling purposes I think.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

i would love to help but my rs6 is Ebony Pearl 'black'

http://www.suurland.com/

maybe you get lucky, lots of blueprints to find there...

You may want to check out my picture poster on the Audiworld.com site under my user name MARKNMTT over there...I have posted a few recent threads on the forum under model and then RS6...click on my post then on my account number at the top of it and then click pic poster...I have a bunch on there that show the wheels and the car pretty well from several angles...
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Thanks for the replies guys, and sorry I havent replied in a while.

I wasnt saying that pictures of dark coloured cars wont help me, I was just saying that most of the pictures of RS6's on the interweb are of dark cars, and because none of them are closeups, I can't make out the details.

If anybody could help me with some pictures of the boot(inside, a straight on picture would do, showing the shape/layout), a closeup of the honeycomb pattern grille, and any pcitures of any tuning modifications you would like to see, as im going for a more DTM race car kind of look right now.

Thanks in advance